Does this sound familiar?
“Mom, I’m ready for school” (My answer: “Try again, that is waaaay too small“)
“Can I still wear this?” (My answer: “No“)
“Where is my favorite pair of jeans?” (My answer: “Hmmm, probably in the wash” p.s. hidden in the Goodwill bag)
Our kids are growing like crazy and clothes which were treasures no longer fit. Imagine no more clothes battles or hidden clothes in the Goodwill bag. These 18 upcycle crafts are a fun way to turn the clothes into new treasures and to keep everyone happy in the process.
Photo credits: Top row: Make It & Love IT, Spark & Chemistry 2nd row: Lime and Aqua Studio, Do Small Things With Love 3rd row: Stephanie Corfee, I Am Momma – Hear Me Roar Bottom row: Brassy Apple, Creatively Content via Creating My Way to Success
Just to give you an idea how creative you can get with outgrown clothes, check out a recent post from my my sister Pauline- Upcycled Denim Shorts Interactive Chore Chart. She is still looking for your help and vote. You won’t believe what she crafted from a random bag of crafty goodies.
1. Novelty Heart Tee (Domestic Bliss Squared)
2. Upcycled T-Shirt Dress (I Am Momma – Hear Me Roar)
3. Embellished and Tassled T-Shirt (Club Chica Circle)
Bags and Accessories
4. DIY Upcycled T-Shirt Necklace (Spark & Chemistry)
5. Hats Made from Old Sweaters (Make It & Love IT)
6. T-Shirt Yarn Knotted Necklace (Sugar Bee Crafts)
7. Recycled Tee-Shirt Bracelets (Stephanie Corfee)
8. Recycled Tee Scarf (Shwin & Shwin)
9. Upcycled Hoodie Bag (Club Chica Circle)
10. Upcycled Crochet Rug (King Soleil)
11. Braided T-Shirt Rag Rug (Do Small Things With Love)
12. DIY Upcycled Sweater Pillows (Brassy Apple)
Upcycle Gifts and Entertaining
13. Denim Pocket Flatware Holders (Between Naps on the Porch)
14. Upcycle Necktie Recorder Case (Club Chica Circle)
15. Necktie Coffee Cozy (Lime and Aqua Studio)
16. Craft a Snake Tie (Make and Takes)
17. Doll Clothes from Socks and Pant Legs (Creatively Content via Creating My Way to Success)
18. Upcycled Denim Shorts Interactive Chore Chart (Club Chica Circle)
You can find all of these upcycled ideas pinned to my Upcycle Recycle Love Pinterest Board. Do you have any favorite upcycle craft ideas for outgrown clothes? Share in the comments below. We LOVE to hear from you.
If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.
Follow Lynnee’s boards on Pinterest and Pauline’s Club Chica Circle boards here. You can also find Lynnee Jimenez on Google+.
Wow! What a great grouping of useful ways to reuse old clothes! Great post! Thanks for the ideas!
Good stuff there but I really, really love those shorts.