Smile! June 15th is Smile Power Day (not to be confused with World Smile Day in October).
What I like about this day is remembering just how powerful a smile can be. Even after a particularly rough morning this week (twin meltdown kicking and screaming at daycare drop-off, breakfast yogurt and berries spilled all over my desk, cracked windshield, overloaded calendar) – I forced myself to smile at others in passing. By mid-day, my mood had shifted and I was on a better path. Power to the smile!
How will you celebrate Smile Power Day? Here are some ideas:
- Make your own homemade lip gloss to wear with your smile
- Face-off silently with a friend (or in a circle of friends) and have a non-smiling contest to see who can last the longest (and watch the funny faces and giggles erupt)
- Make a candy mustache to go with your beautiful smile
- Spend 10 minutes listing out everything that makes you smile
- Make your food smile back at you (inspired by Kate at Peep Thread)
- Watch a funny movie (check out reviews at CommonSenseMedia.org)
- Send a free LOL You Make Me Smile e-card designed by my crafty maven sister Pauline
How will you celebrate Smile Power Day? Share in the comments below!
If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.