Pauline and I (along with a fabulous group of blogging friends) are kicking off December with a BIG Comforts of Home giveaway. While looking at the prizes, I couldn’t help but drool over the possibilities with one of the prizes – a 5-quart KitchenAid Artisan Series stand mixer. I actually have one that collects dust until my mom comes to town, but after researching the creative ways to actually use the mixer, I have added new mixer attachments to my Pinterest wish list. My tween has also been looking at the attachments and sees the fun potential for wintery weekend cooking projects together.
A Couple Notes:
-The special attachments listed below are not part of the prize package (but they would sure be fun to add to the mixer)
-Scroll down to see the other fabulous prizes and the easy ways to enter
Creative Ways to Use Your KitchenAid Stand Mixer:
1. Juicing – My juicer sees less action than my mixer – but this attachment is number 1 on my list to make fresh breakfast juice in a flash (and fewer parts to wash than my juicer).
3. Making Ice Cream – Who knew?! There is actually an ice cream attachment available for the stand mixer. This sounds like a fun family project. (Unfortunately, you need to have room in your freezer to freeze the attachment bowl in advance.)
4. Shredding Chicken – This is such a clever idea from Add a Pinch to use the flat beater attachment (standard attachment) to shred chicken. She also shares a recipe for Jalapeño Chicken Bites using the shredded chicken.
5. Making Pasta – My tween has tackled making homemade pasta (once) but it was a labor of love rolling out all of the dough. With the pasta attachment, I can see more fresh pasta in our future. Julie from the little kitchen.net shows just how easily this can be done.
Comforts of Home Giveaway:
This giveaway is non-sponsored, but is in the spirit of showing appreciation to our reader community while also introducing everyone to a fabulous group of bloggers to follow.
Congratulations to our winners!
1. Dianna Thomas – KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer
2. Honi Bean Barrett – Kindle
3. Erika Messer – Keurig
Disclaimer & Details:
The “Comforts of Home” giveaway begins Monday Dec 2 and ends at 12:00 AM on Monday, December 9, 2013.
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Void where prohibited.
All entries are optional with the exception of leaving a blog comment. We will never sell, distribute, or spam your email.
Three winners will be chosen by Rafflecopter (powered by Random.org). The first person chosen will choose between a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, Keurig K65 Brewing System, or Kindle Paperwhite. The second person chosen will chose between the two remaining prizes. The third person chosen will receive the remaining prize.
This is a non-sponsored post. Prizes were purchased by a group of participating bloggers. KitchenAid, Keurig, and Kindle are not affiliated with this giveaway.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.