Welcome to a new school year!
How are your mornings getting out the door? Smooth and easy?!
Mornings have always been a challenge with us – getting three tired kids up and ready for school while dodging a variety of other speed bumps.
This year is going to be different (seriously) and I want to take you along for the ride. Imagine how much happier the world would be if we could get out the door on the right foot without frustrating screeches of “LET’S GOOOOOOO” trying to get ourselves and the crew dressed, fed and transported.
We are into our fourth week of school and I already feel the shift this year after making a few small but powerful changes. The changes all come from a few added nighttime routines.
Nighttime routines (secrets to morning success):
- Fill a full bottle of water to drink as soon as you wake up. (Hydration makes everything better.)
- Select and pull out a full outfit with jewelry for the next day
- Pack the lunchboxes completely (ready to pull out of the refrigerator in the morning)
- Pack the backpacks and bags (all permission slips, jackets, homework, etc.)
- Bonus: Have makeup in a to-go bag ready to use in car after school drop-off if part of your prep
NOT rocket science, but consistency is the key to these nighttime routines.
While we are talking about school lunches, you may appreciate some of our past posts
If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here, and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.