Homemade Olympic Rings Craft Idea

Whew! We did it! We pulled together an Olympics themed Birthday Party in less than a week! Gold Medal Homemade invites went out last week and the festivities were yesterday.

Today’s post is short and sweet featuring one of the crafts we did as gifts to our party guests – Olympics Rings RINGS (literally). Say that fast 5 times!

Olympics Rings Homemade Jewelry craft for tweens

I used the same technique as in our metal washers friendship ring necklaces, but this time we used small copper metal belt burrs. Don’t ask me what they do or what they are for. I scavenged my local True Value hardware store for possible jewelry findings and I thought these would be the perfect size to fit 5 together for a ring.

These little copper circle gems were 15 cents each, and then I used larger fender washers that were 10 cents each to glue them onto.

hardware store washers for rings

We painted a batch of blue, black, red, yellow and green rings with nail polish – one complete per ring needed.

Then I glued them onto the 3/4″ diameter metal washer. And then finally onto an adjustable ring blank.

How to Make Olympic Rings Ring Party Craft and Gift Idea

This craft is perfect for Krazy Glue – or if you are a LEGO movie fan – the KRAGLE. It was a tiny bit messy, and I had to work fast to get the rings into place before the glue set.

They turned out pretty cute, and perfect party favors for our guests.

Stay tuned for more Olympics party details. Until then, happy crafting!

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here, and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

Feeling social? Follow ChicaCircle on Facebook or Twitter, and follow me on Pinterest or Instagram.

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.