I LOVE this time of year when all things pumpkin come to life. With jam-packed days- I wanted to find a quick solution to enjoy a pumpkin dessert. A vanilla jello pudding base makes this treat easy and fast. I added canned pumpkin and a few spices (based on my grandmother’s pumpkin pie recipe) to make the magic of pumpkin pie in pudding form come to life.
This was a first-time experiment for me – and the experiment worked (according to my mom, who is visiting and was my taster). My favorite part was that the spice mix reminds me of my grandmother’s (and mom’s) pumpkin pie.
- Vanilla Jell-O Pudding (6-1/2 c serving box)
- 2 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Using regular milk instead of almond milk will produce a slightly thicker set
- Putting candy corn directly into the pudding while the pudding is still warm will cause the colors from the candy corn to liquefy into the pudding. The candy corn garnish on top of chilled whipped cream did not liquefy.
Do you have any favorite pumpkin recipes to share? Please share below 🙂
- My crafty sister’s roundup of Tasty Fall Treats – you must try her pumpkin donut dessert!
- My Jell-O Pinterest Board– please tell me if I am missing any fabulous jello pins
- The Kraft Jell-O mold store
- Pumpkin pom pom DIY
If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.