Hi! It’s Elba from Live Colorful one more time. Today I will be sharing my third post as fall contributor at Club Chica Circle! It’s something festive and colorful that’s going to look fantastic on your Christmas tree, check it out:
Although the stores are full of beautiful Christmas decorations, there is nothing better than the handmade ones, with personal details that make them unique and special.
So I had this idea of making my own clay ornaments this year and I knew that I wanted to include some photos. The first thing that came to mind were ornaments that look like iPhones, I don’t know why ha ha, I thought they would look so cool! and I was soooo right!
- Air Dry Modeling Clay
- Acrylic paint
- Mod podge
1. Use the roller to flatten the clay and create a smooth base.
2. Cut a rectangle about the size of an iPhone. You can make them smaller if desired. I used a knife that is special for clay, but you can use an old kitchen knife or an exacto knife.
3. Use toothpicks and other knick knacks to make the buttons. I used a toothpick for all the parts above the cell phone and for the button below, I used an AA battery. Remember to make a hole at the top so you can hang them to the Christmas tree.
Let the clay dry for at least 12 hours.
4. Paint the ornaments with a white acrylic paint.
Note: You might be able to find white clay. In that case, you don’t need to paint them anymore, just follow all the steps, except for this one.
5. Have fun painting some designs on the back of the ornaments, imagine that you are designing your own cell phone covers.
6. Cut pictures the size of an iPhone screen. I printed several of them on a letter size sheet measuring 3.5 x 2 inches. You can even use regular photos or magazine clippings.
Use mod podge to glue the pictures. When finished, add a layer of Mod Podge to the entire ornament to protect it from water and dust. Let it dry for a few hours.
7. Add a ribbon and run hang your new awesome ornaments on your Christmas tree!
You can hang them on your Christmas tree, make a garland with them or give them away to friends and family. The photos make them special and personalized, something you’ll love to have in your home during this very special and festive time!