This fall, Rachel of Lines Across launched Let’s Wrap Stuff, a website devoted to all things gift wrap related. To celebrate its launch, Rachel challenged me and a select group of talented bloggers to come up with a creative gift wrap idea using plain kraft paper. Who doesn’t love brown paper packages tied up with string? Check out all 24 creative kraft paper gift wrap ideas below, but first here is my creative wrapping idea—HOLIDAY WRITING WITH WASHI TAPE.
First, I started with a plain brown box and one of my favorite craft supplies—washi tape. I found these fun holiday inspired ones at my local Michaels in the holiday Recollections scrapbooking section. And instead of using it in stripes, I used it to write a holiday message on my box.
The trick was first to design my word, print it out, and then transfer it to the top of my box.
With just a little white chalk and a pencil, you can instantly transfer the message onto your surface. First rub white chalk on the BACK of your printout. Then place your printout on top of your surface and, with a pencil, draw over the letters. The pressure from the pencil will transfer a light template onto your box.
Then it was just a matter of guiding my washi tape on the top of the chalk guide.
I added a stripe detail around the lid, and created washi tape swirls along the sides.
Now, check out these other fabulously crafty ideas from some of my fellow bloggers:
1. Pom Pom Ice Cream Cone Gift Wrap by Let’s Wrap Stuff
2. Embroidered Wrapping Paper by Lines Across
3. Holiday Lights Gift Wrap by Burlap and Blue
4. Printable DIY Watercolor Gift Tags by Dawn Nicole
5. Chalkboard Painted Wrapping Paper by The Winthrop Chronicles
6. Let it Snow Neighbor Gift Printable by Ginger Snap Crafts
7. Upcycled Cardboard Gift Tags 3 Ways by Eat. Sleep. Make.
8. Kraft Paper Gift Card Envelope Printables by Delia Creates
9. Make + Give Christmas Tree Gift Topper by Make and Tell
10. DIY Wrench Wrapping Paper by Maker Mama
11. DIY Stamped Trees Gift Wrap by Shaken Together Life
12. Brown Paper Packages by Delineate Your Dwelling
13. Yarn Tassel Gift Wrap 2 Ways by Hands Occupied
14. Holiday Writing with Washi Tape by Club Chica Circle
15. Glitter-Dipped Gift Tags by The Thinking Closet
16. Coffee Container Christmas Gift Tags by Simply Kelly Designs
17. Gift Wrapping Ideas by C.R.A.F.T.
18. Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas by Making Home Base
19. Sewn Brown Paper Gift Card Gift Giving by Dream a Little Bigger
20. Chalkboard Gift Tag & Ornament by Tried and True
21. Easy Holly Ornament Gift Tag by Rae Gun Ramblings
22. Printable Hand-Lettered Christmas Tags by Persia Lou
23. Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas by Eighteen25
24. Washi Tape Christmas Tree Gift Card Box by That’s What Che Said