Fun with Watercolor Crayons and Brush Markers

These crayons are so much fun!

Yes, watercolor crayons! I actually received my set of watercolor crayons as a gift from a dear friend, and she was so right when she told me that they were her new favorite toy.

Check out how easy they are to use:

The gel watercolor crayons go on the paper so easily.  A little goes a long way, and then when you add water to them, you can get some really gorgeous watercolor effects!

Once I started, I couldn’t stop playing. I created this…

bouquet-of-easy-painted-roses-with-watercolor-crayons

and this…

bouquet-of-pretty-painted-roses-with-crayons-and-makers

and this…just to share a few flowery designs.

flower-painting-with-crayons-and-markers

And with my new obsession of turning my art into a repeating pattern, I couldn’t resist in creating this pretty flower pattern:

watercolor-crayon-roses-pretty-pattern

Here is exactly what I used:

watercolor-crayons

and these

brush-marker-set

I also used this water brush set, but you could also just as easily use a paintbrush and a glass of water. But, I just love the ease of the water brushes with the water conveniently in the tube attached to the different sized brush heads.

I found these watercolor crayons on Amazon, or Michael’s craft stores usually carry the Recollections brand.

Here are the Tombow Dual Brush pens I used. (affiliate links)

The lessons I learned:

• You are never too old to play with crayons and markers
  • You can create some really pretty effects with watercolor crayons
  • They are so easy to use, portable, and don’t make a huge mess

I love my new creative toys! If you are looking for a fun new art medium or super easy creative project, check out watercolor crayons and brush markers! You will love them!

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.