A Look Back at our Top 10 Favorite Posts of 2013

At the start of each new year, it’s fun to take a reflective look back. Here is a quick recap of our crafty adventures and some of our favorite and most popular posts of 2013.

Printing on Paper Bags

I started the year off with a cold, which inspired this “get well soon” bag which could also double as a Valentine sweet treat bag. It was also my first adventure in printing on paper bags.

Valentines printable paper bag

Borax Crystal Hearts

We also tried lots of crafty experiments like playing with Borax and watching them crystallize onto our shaped pipe cleaners.

Red Borax Crystal heart craft

Homemade Bath Bombs

We made a concoction of baking soda and citric acid to make homemade bath bombs.

Homemade Bath Bomb teacher gift idea

Homemade Shaped Sidewalk Chalk

And then mixed together plaster of paris and tempera paint to make these fun shaped sidewalk chalks.

Homemade heart sidewalk chalks in recycled container @clubchicacircle

Smart Cookie Teacher Appreciation Mason Jar

Sometimes sweets can make the best gifts like this simple mason jar smart cookie jar.

Teacher Appreciation Cookie Jar Homemade Gift

Cake in a Can Surprise

And I loved surprising my niece and nephews with a birthday cake in a cake!

birthday cupcake in a can DIY

Homemade Lip Gloss

Our homemade lip gloss craft was the perfect slumber party craft from my tween.

Homemade Lip Gloss party craft idea

Rainbow Hair Accessories

And carefully placed nail-polished bobby pins made the perfect tween accessory.

painted rainbow bobby pins closeup

Concrete Block Present

We did tons of Holiday crafting but this concrete block turned present was a huge hit.

Holiday Gift Box Concrete Block Craft Idea

Snowman Mason Jar

And even though we didn’t get any snow in Southern California, it didn’t stop us from making these cute snowman mason jar luminaries.

Snowman Mason Jar Luminary Ornament with DecoArt Decou-Page

And last but not least, I’m adding an 11th favorite post pick. This one is from my daughter. This was one of her all time favorite posts of the year. How could she forget the weekend her and her cousin competed in their own Minute to Win It Tween Challenge. = )

Minute to Win It Games

Face the cookie minute to win it FOR kids

It’s fun to look back, and I am so looking forward to another super crafty year.

Thanks to all of you for joining in on our adventure!

Happy New Year and Happy Crafting!

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here, and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

Feeling social? Follow ChicaCircle on Facebook or Twitter, and follow me on Pinterest or Instagram.

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.