Yummy Bacon and Egg Stuffed Waffles

Hello once again Club Chica Circle readers. It’s Betsy from Betsylife.com here, bringing you another excellent summer treat. Today’s post is all about my new brunch obsession.

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Stuffed Waffles

Recently I’ve discovered stuffed waffles. Yes, that’s right. Waffles stuffed with…..stuff. What kind of stuff? Well, anything really. That’s why they are so awesome!

If you’re in a sweet breakfast mood, you could stuff them with strawberries and cream cheese, or maybe chocolate chips and Nutella. If you’re in more of a healthy mood you can stuff them with fresh veggies, egg whites and avocado. Or, if you’re like me, and love a savory breakfast, you can stuff them with bacon, egg and cheese like I’m going to do for you today, or maybe something a little fancier like tomato, brie and prosciutto. All you need to make these delicious, portable beauties is a great waffle batter, and a wild imagination.

For my classic, Belgian-style waffle batter you’ll need

1 1/2 cups milk

6 Tbsp butter

3/4 teaspoon salt

2 large eggs

2 cups all purpose flour

1 packet of instant yeast

**If you’re planning for a sweeter stuffed waffle, you can add vanilla extract (1 tsp), sugar, or maple syrup to the batter (2-3 Tbsp)

Combine milk and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until butter melts. Allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Whisk in cooled milk mixture until well combined. It’s ok if it’s not perfectly smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rest at room temperature for at least one hour. The mixture should be bubbly from the yeast.

Now the fun part! Preheat your waffle iron and prepare your stuffing materials. This batter recipe will make about 6 belgian waffles. I scrambled 6 eggs, cooked 8 pieces of bacon, sliced 1/2 an avocado, shredded 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, and thinly sliced about 10 fresh basil leaves.

To assemble, pour a small amount of batter onto the pre-heated waffle iron and smooth it around into a circle. Begin piling your filling ingredients on, being careful to keep them in the center of the circle. Top filling with another thin layer of batter, then close the waffle iron and cook until done. My iron has an indicator light on it, but generally it takes about 5-8 minutes per waffle.

Remove and enjoy!

**Tip: This batter is very thick and can be difficult to “pour” smoothly. Try flouring your hands then forming a small dough circle to place on top of the filling if you’re having a tough time pouring batter thinly over the top**

Love waffles like I do? You should definitely check out my jalapeño cheddar waffles and my caramel apple waffles

Betsy Haley

I'm a sunshine worshipper, dog lover and all around creative spirit. Making food look pretty is my job, and encouraging others to create the life they crave is my passion. I spend my free time hugging babies, working out, and Instagramming. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

1 comment for “Yummy Bacon and Egg Stuffed Waffles

Comments are closed.