Valentine’s Day Sweet Treat Gift Boxes DIY

Be My Valentine Heart Cookie Gift Boxes DIY

How could you resist not saying yes to being my Valentine after seeing this box of cute sweetness? You could say “Happy Valentine’s Day” with a box of chocolate, but wouldn’t it mean so much more if you added your own special, crafty touch to a box of chocolatey goodness?

And it doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day to surprise someone special with a little something. Check out how you can easily and affordably spread some love and show you care. The bakery section in the local grocery store is a perfect place to find a wide variety of freshly made treats that can be customized and gifted, anytime! No fuss with a personal touch!

Be unique and dress up freshly made bakery cookies and turn them into special sweet treat gift boxes. Here are some creative ways to do just that:

FIRST STEP: Check out the bakery section in your local grocery store. I picked up some scrumptious-looking double chocolate chip cookies and a package of sugar cookies. And, I couldn’t resist the Petite Palmiers. They looked just like hearts to me. = )

Bakery Cookies for Homemade Valentines Sweet Gift Idea

NEXT: Raid the candy and baking aisle for colorful candies and a variety of frostings. I also picked up coffee filters and cupcake liners to create my gift boxes.

decorated cookie supplies

Finally, grab some square cake tins in the baking aisle.

Valentines cookie tin

Now, let your imagination run wild! You have all the materials you need for a special, one-of-a-kind Valentine’s Day gift box of treats.

Here are two different ways that I dressed up cookies for Valentine’s Day:

SUGAR COOKIES WITH HEART — I frosted plain sugar cookies with hot pink frosting and put a chocolate candy heart on the top. So simple!

Make your own Valentine's Day Cookie Gift Box

And to package them up, I put each individual decorated cookie inside a cupcake liner and then positioned 9 individual ones in my cake tin. So pretty and yummy looking!

Hand Decorated Cookie Valentines Day Gift @clubchicacircle

Or try this idea:

POLKA DOT HEART CHOCOLATE COOKIES— In this DIY, I used red cookie icing on large chocolate sugar cookies. Before the icing dried, I put colored M&M’s on the top to make cute polka dot cookies.

Decorated Heart Cookies DIY for Valentine's Day

To dress it up in a box, and because these cookies were bigger, I used coffee filters as my pretty cookie liners. Because cookie icing hardens, you can stack more than one in each liner. Four stacks of cookies fit perfectly into my cake tin.

To finish off both of these yummy ideas, put the clear plastic lid on top and dress it up with a pretty ribbon bow.

Be My Valentine Cookie Gift Box Idea

Come on, who could resist this?

Decorated Bakery Cookies for Easy Valentine's Day Homemade Gift Idea

These make great Valentine’s Day gifts for a teacher, babysitter, neighbor – you name it! Everyone deserves a little love, am I right?

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

23 comments for “Valentine’s Day Sweet Treat Gift Boxes DIY

1. manda
    February 7, 2017 at 7:07 am

I will be celebrating my husband

2. Kelly D
    February 7, 2017 at 8:24 am

We usually enjoy the day together as a family and cook a nice dinner. I spend the day with my husband and kids.

3. Julie
    February 7, 2017 at 11:47 am

My dad cause he is awesome!

4. Debbie B
    February 8, 2017 at 7:49 am

My family likes to gift baked treats to seniors in our church. They don’t bake for themselves and so we would make up a bit smaller packages and then we would give more of them away.

5. Michelle J.
    February 8, 2017 at 7:58 am

Of course, because my husband is the best dad ever!

6. February 8, 2017 at 9:57 am

Happy valentine’s day! I love you’re ideas. I pinned, by the way, but didn’t know how to get the url (for the giveaway).

7. HS
    February 8, 2017 at 10:08 am

We will be celebrating my husband, he is the best.

8. Kathy Mazur
    February 8, 2017 at 11:40 am

I would surprise my son who is living in Ca with a box of the sugar cookies with hearts! I live in Fl and only get to see him the first week of July when he can come out for our wedding anniversary. He would be so surprised!

9. SRFL
    February 8, 2017 at 12:23 pm

We will be celebrating my husband b/c he is the head of our family and provides for our little family even when he is not in the best of health. Also, my father b/c he was an amazing example of what a man and father should be and act like. He is everything my husband strives to be: loving, gentle yet firm, spiritual, humble, kind, generous, and so much more!!!

We also like to recognize all the fathers and father figures in our lives and thank them for their shining example that my daughters can look up to.

10. Judy Ramsey
    February 8, 2017 at 12:37 pm

I love to celebrate with my husband because he is the greatest man on this earth. I love him so much. And he is my sweet heart forever.

11. Betty S
    February 8, 2017 at 2:18 pm

We will be celebrating both husband and this year my son, as he is a first time dad.

12. Mercedes A
    February 8, 2017 at 4:11 pm

On Father’s Day, I will be celebrating my dad as well as all of the other father figures in my church. My church has a tradition to celebrate them together every year on that day so it’s always something to forward to!

13. Pamela
    February 8, 2017 at 4:18 pm

My husband, because he’s got a lot of heart.

14. Kesha
    February 8, 2017 at 5:44 pm

I will be celebrating my AMAZING daddy! He is the BEST!

15. Judi Johnson
    February 8, 2017 at 6:04 pm

The only one I have is my husband and father of my children.

16. Sheri Doubleday
    February 9, 2017 at 10:49 am

I work with Special and Disable Students. My students don’t get a lot of exposure except with our class. This is my first year with these special students. I’ve fought for the last two years to get this position because this is where I knew I needed to be. This will work wonderful with my students. Actually we will use this idea for them to make and decorate in the classroom. We will let them make these and take home to their parents. And of course, they will get to eat their own! Whether I win or not, I will do this on my own. We try to learn something to cook on Fridays with those who are willing to cook. This is where my surprises go! Thank you for the opportunity!

17. February 9, 2017 at 3:39 pm

The question is who wouldn’t you give one too! I love them! They would be perfect for my husband, kiddos, teachers and co workers! I love that you had a different assortment and the ribbon is perfect!

18. Annamarie V
    February 10, 2017 at 10:36 am

I will be celebrating with my Husband because he is my Love.

19. julie
    February 10, 2017 at 6:21 pm

we love celebrating father’s day 🙂

20. Laura
    February 11, 2017 at 5:42 am

I will be celebrating with my dad and father in law!

21. Amy Orvin
    February 11, 2017 at 7:28 am

My father passed away, so no one.

22. judith rontal
    February 11, 2017 at 12:29 pm

won’t be celebrating this year but these are cute

23. JaneEllen
    February 13, 2017 at 10:38 am

I think would give these to my youngest daughter, she is such a wonderful caring Mother and wife. She’s always tending to special things for her hubs and 2 daughters. She works full me, keeps such a nice home, cooks great meals, does special little things for her Dad and I.
    Make up some of these cookies for hubs, he tries so hard to help me out. Have had several surgeries so he has helped me do personal things like helping me bathe and get dressed.
    Plus I suffer from depression, he helps me deal with frustrations. He has problems of his own from stroke few years ago. Am a very lucky lady to have him.
    Your cookies and packaging are so thoughtful.
    Hope you have wonderful Valentines Day and week.

Comments are closed.