Upcycled Valentine Denim Jacket

Upcycled Valentine Denim Jacket DIY

My tween’s fashion style has always been a bit eclectic with a touch of sass. We decided to jazz up a plain jane denim jacket and add a little Valentine’s flair in today’s easy tutorial – no sewing required.

And I only used 2 craft supplies to embellish the jacket:

• A variety of bright pink buttons (I found these in a mult-pack of colored buttons at my local Michaels)
  • Bright pink Fabric paint (or puffy paint – mine just happened to be Tulip Glow-in-the-Dark fabric paint, but they all make bright pink that doesn’t glow – Tulip brand puffy paints)

Upcycled Valentine Denim Jacket

I first drew a chalk heart on the jacket, right where I wanted my button heart to go.

Then I squirted on a layer of the fabric paint in the shape of a heart.

While the paint was still dry, i applied the buttons right on top and let the whole thing dry completely. I let it dry overnight since I had applied the fabric paint so thick.

Upcycled Denim Jacket with Buttons and Puffy Paint

Now, that’s what I call a Valentine fashion statement!

And the cool part is that her jacket now glows!

Upcycled Denim Jacket for Valentines Day that Glows for Tweens

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

2 comments for “Upcycled Valentine Denim Jacket

Comments are closed.