Sweetheart Egg Cup Omelettes

Sweetheart Egg Cups Recipe Idea

My husband calls these protein bombs. I call them yummy and easy reheatable, no-fuss, make-a-whole-bunch for the week, egg cup omelettes.

With our busy schedules with work and school, we have been making these single size egg omelettes to last us through the week. The first time my husband wanted to make a huge batch of these, he asked if I had silicone cupcake cups to make them in. Did I ever! With all my crafting, I actually have the in almost every shape and size. I couldn’t resist making a batch of heart-shaped egg cups.

So what do you need to make your own egg cups? 

1st ingredient – eggs of course. I actually prefer to use a mixture of whole eggs and egg whites.

And then, guess what, you can customize your egg cups with your favorite omelette ingredients.

Finish off by grabbing cupcake-sized silicone cups, and you are ready to make your own egg cup omelettes.

Sweetheart Egg Cups

Next step, dice up your ingredients and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

For a dozen egg cups, I used 1/2 onion, 1 medium red pepper, 1 medium zucchini, and 1 polish sausage.

chopped veggies for egg cups

In a large nonstick pan, I first sauteed the onions in a little bit of olive oil,

Then I added all the other ingredients and sauteed them together until browned, about 10 minutes.

Saute the vegetables and meat for egg cups

After spraying my silicone cups with nonstick spray, I filled each heart shaped cup with the yummy sauteed goodness.

Homemade Sweetheart Egg Cups

Time to mix the eggs. For a dozen egg cups, I used 10 whole eggs and the equivalent of 5 egg whites.

I added salt and pepper and chopped green onions to the egg mixture.

How to make easy make ahead egg cup omelettes

Then I filled the cups with the egg mixture to the top of each cup.

Yummy Make Ahead Egg Cups

Now it’s time to put these sweetheart cup eggs into the oven.

Egg Cups baked in oven

I baked them in the silicone cups for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. They do puff up a little bit, but the settle right back into the silicone molds.

Sweetheart baked egg cup omelettes recipe idea

I let them cool slightly and then popped them right out of the cups.

They are super delicious right out of the oven, but one of the best parts of making these cute single serve egg omelettes in big batches, is that you can save them for later. They heat up perfectly in the microwave for about 30 seconds each!

Easy baked egg cups to save for the week

Top them with cheese if you prefer, and pair them with some fresh fruit. Breakfast is served!

Make Ahead Egg Heart Cups

Yummo!

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

1 comment for “Sweetheart Egg Cup Omelettes

1. February 12, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Wow looks great, thanks for share a must try!

Comments are closed.