Spring and Easter Paper Bag Printing Ideas (with Free Printables)

Have you tried printing on paper bags yet? This idea has become one of my most popular posts. It is such a versatile, yet simple way to personalize a gift bag for any occasion.

I recently had a request for Spring and Easter bag free printables, and I decided to take it a step further. I have included all of the free printables for these super cute Spring and Easter paper gift bags, of course, but I also wanted to inspire some fun ways to dress up and close your gift bags.

I recently saw these wood silhouette shapes of birds at my local Michaels store, and thought they were the perfect symbol for Spring.

I am not one to shy away from color, and Spring is the perfect season to show some of that color. I painted the wood birds in solid, bright Spring colors like pink, blue, and yellow using Short Cuts spray paints, but you can also use acrylic or craft paints as well. I also had a set of colored clothespins in pretty colors, and I spray painted some natural wood ones as well. Once I got started, I couldn’t stop.

Spring Gift Bag Craft Idea @clubchicacircle

I painted both large and mini clothespins and attached them to the colored wood bird shapes with my glue gun. You can even attach two birds at the top of your gift bags, like little love birds perched on a branch.

Colored Wood Bird and Clothespin gift bag craft idea

I designed two different Happy Easter printables that you can download here:

Paper Gift Bag Happy Easter Printable

Paper Gift Bag Happy Easter Sign Printable

I printed on white bags that were 4.75″ x 9″ that I found in the party section at Target. I also dressed them up with a little stripe of washi tape. When running a paper bag through the printer, sometimes the extra thick edge where the bottom of the bag folds up tends to rub against the print rollers and grabs a little extra ink. The washi tape stripe can hide that is a flash.

Also, remember to “flip” your image in the print dialog window so that the lettering comes out right side up on the paper bag.

paper bag printing print example

Happy Easter printed paper bag craft

Happy Easter Gift Bag free printable

I also designed a “Sweet Tweets” bag printable for a cute play on the the colored birds theme. I am giving you a colored and a b/w version. This looked just as cute and festive printed on a white bag, as it does on a pretty colored bag.

Grab that free bag printables here:

Paper Gift Bag Sweet Tweets Color Printable

Paper Gift Bag Sweet Tweets B:W Printable

Spring Gift Paper Bag Printing

And just for the love of Spring, here is a cute “Hello Spring” paper bag printable as well:

Paper Gift Bag Hello Spring Printable

Hello Spring Paper Bag Printing with Bird craft

Now, what if you don’t want to print on paper bags, and just want to dress up your own pretty gift bags?

I also designed some simple bag tags as well, that you can download and print.

Simply cut out the Spring bag tags and attach to a pretty coordinating bag. Even the colored clothespins by themselves add that extra touch and flair. These cute hot pink chevron mini treat bags I got from a Pick Your Plum daily deal awhile back. I filled them with some jelly beans, folded the edge over and attached the gift tag and colored clothespins. Perfect!

Easter and Spring free printable treat bag tags

Or, you can simply attach the colored tags at the top of your gift bag by hole punching two holes and tying a ribbon or pretty bakers twine at the top.

Sweet Tweets Spring Gift Bag craft

However you choose to dress up your Spring and Easter gift bags, every combination will look super cute.

Why do Easter baskets when you can make these pretty gift bags instead! = )

Happy Easter Printable gift bag tag

You can download the Spring and Easter gift bag tags here:

Sweet Tweets Tags

Happy Easter Tags

Hope you enjoy the gift bag suggestions and free printables. Go the my original post for full directions on how to print on paper bags.

Spring Gift Bag Printables

Spring and Easter Gift bags craft idea

These would make great classroom or teacher gifts!

Happy Spring Crafting!

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.

Feeling social? Follow ChicaCircle on Facebook or Twitter, and follow me on Pinterest or Instagram.

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

5 comments for “Spring and Easter Paper Bag Printing Ideas (with Free Printables)

1. Mimi
    March 18, 2013 at 2:17 pm

OMG !!! I asked and you delivered. Thanks you so much, you made preparing for Easter so much easier now.
    YOU ARE AMAZING !!!

• March 19, 2013 at 8:38 am

Thanks for being such a good fan and loyal reader! = )

2. May 8, 2013 at 4:45 am

YEAH for the cute things you did with the bags and washi from PickYourPlum. We found you on pinterest and it made our day…seeing how you made these super cute!
    Thank you!

• May 8, 2013 at 9:12 am

We love Pick Your Plum, and it is no secret I have a love affair with my washi tape. Anytime it’s the daily deal on your site, I’m there!
      Thanks for finding us, and the great comment.

3. Tammy P.
    November 12, 2013 at 5:38 am

Again, amazing idea. You do very good work.

Comments are closed.