Scented Duct Tape Pencils DIY

Note: this post contains affiliate links for products I have used and can recommend. As usual, all photographs, ideas, and opinions are solely my own.
Scented Duck Tape Flower Pencils DIY for kids

I couldn’t resist trying out the new Duck Tape Brand Scented tape. I was first introduced to this fancy tape at the recent Craft & Hobby Association conference in the Duck Brand booth. Scented duct tape—that brings your duct tape craft projects to a whole new level! Right now, Duck Tape Scents come in cupcake, blueberry, bubble gum, lemon, orange cream, and mint.

Once I saw these in my local Michaels, I grabbed up the cupcake scented flavor, and knew I wanted to make a bouquet of “smelly pencils”.

Duck Tape Scents Pencil Flower DIY - 3 different ways

To make these scented flower pencils I used:

I created this fun video to show you how to make these “smelly pencils” in three different ways.

I made a rose shape with pointed duct tape petals, a tulip shape with rounded duct tape petals, and a fun fringe flower.

Easy Scented Duck Tape Flower Pencils craft idea

These would make a great gift for teachers or just for a fun way to personalize your own pencils. Talk about going to school in style!

Duct Tape Scented Flower Pencils craft idea

So coo! And I love the added scented effect you get from the Duck Tape!

duck tape pencil flowers craft for kids

You may also like this Mother’s Day Bouquet idea using duct tape:

Duct Tape Flowers Craft Idea for Mother's Day @clubchicacircle

or this easy Pencil Roll using duct tape and fabric:

Easy Pencil Roll Craft Idea

or these fun and easy Duck Tape Hair Bows.

Duck Tape Hair Bows Craft Idea for Tween Girls

Enjoy!

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

2 comments for “Scented Duct Tape Pencils DIY

1. March 10, 2015 at 12:23 pm

I love this. It would be perfect for teacher appreciation week! Thanks.

Comments are closed.