Popcorn Snack Squares

I’m seriously so excited to introduce another one of our FAB summer contributors to ya’ll! Please give a warm and yummy welcome to Betsy Haley. Betsy is one of my favorite food bloggers and fellow SoCal girl! I love this yummy and easy snack idea for the whole family!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Club Chica Circle readers! My name is Betsy and I cook, write and photograph over at Betsylife.com. Summer is my absolute favorite time of the year, and I’m excited to be spending it with you. Let’s get things started with a fun and easy treat you can make with pretty much anything you have in your pantry.

Popcorn is my #1 favorite snack of all time, and I always have a ton on hand. I buy kernels in bulk and pop them using the brown paper bag microwave method. To make these popcorn snack squares you’re going to need 8 cups of plain popped popcorn. Pop it using my brown paper bag method, on the stove, or in a popper. Whatever works best for you.

Next comes the fun part! Raid your pantry for any dried goods that you think would make a yummy snack bar. For my batch I used 1/2 cup dried cherries, 1/2 cup dried blueberries, 3/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1 cup rolled oats and 1 cup bran buds cereal.

3-4 cups of any similar items would work as well. Some other delicious ideas include toasted coconut, peanuts, raisins, chocolate chips, almonds, walnuts, dried apricots, or any type of cereal. The possibilities are endless, and there is no “right” combination.

In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup honey, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 tsp salt. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour the honey mixture over the top, and stir until all the dry ingredients are evenly coated.

Coat 9X13 dish with cooking spray. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom the the dish and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Cut the mixture into squares and enjoy! My Hubs also liked breaking off small pieces and stirring them into his yogurt in the morning.

Wasn’t this fun? I’ve got lots more healthy snack ideas over at Betsylife.com Be sure to check out my no bake peanut butter energy bites, and my portable, on the go Granola Bites recipes as well.

Thank you so much for having me.  See you again in July!

popcorn-snack-bar-recipe-serving

You can also find Betsy here:

Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter / Google+

Betsy Haley

I'm a sunshine worshipper, dog lover and all around creative spirit. Making food look pretty is my job, and encouraging others to create the life they crave is my passion. I spend my free time hugging babies, working out, and Instagramming. 

Tags:

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

8 comments for “Popcorn Snack Squares

1. Jean Johnson
    June 19, 2014 at 11:41 am

Betsy you say 1/4 tsp, but don’t list what ingredient it is. Please add.

Thanks.

• June 19, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Thanks Jean for catching that. 1/4 tsp salt. = )

2. Jess @ Chaos & Love
    June 23, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Betsy, this looks amazing! I’m totally making it for my boys this weekend!

3. June 23, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Wow! This looks delish, Betsy!

4. June 24, 2014 at 11:05 am

YUM! Thanks for sharing this snack…. it looks like a sweet and salty dream

5. JJ
    June 28, 2014 at 6:46 pm

These sound ideal for snacks to take to ladies’ Bible class—they haven’t anything in them that my sweets-shy friends won’t eat and they’re healthier for us. Kudos! (-:

6. June 29, 2014 at 7:37 pm

These look so good. Thanks for sharing. Hello from the Creative Collection Link Party!

7. June 29, 2014 at 9:18 pm

I love the “any-ol’-pantry-ingredient” will do recipes. I have some dried fruits I was just going to mix up into energy bites, but I’m going to try these instead. Adding blueberries and cherries might make a festive snack for the 4th! I’m glad I found your post through the Creative Collection Link party.

Comments are closed.