Plastic Egg Cupcakes DIY

Yay for Spring coming! Let’s celebrate with some cute cupcakes – PLASTIC EGG GLOWING CUPCAKES, that is!

Plastic Easter Egg Cupcake Decorations craft idea

Plastic eggs are all over the stores now. It’s too early to start stuffing them with candy and treats, how about turning them into cute cupcake decorations?

The best part is that you can make these in minutes!

I started with:

• large colored plastic eggs
  • treat cups
  • Elmer’s Painters pens
  • Small colored pom poms
  • Glue dots

To make them glow, I also used battery-operated tea light candles.

Plastic Egg Candle Cupcakes - easy Easter decoration idea

It is a super simple two step process/

First, separate your plastic eggs and decorate the larger half or your egg using Spring colored Painters pens to create sprinkles on your “cupcakes”.

Plastic Egg Glowing Cupcake Craft idea step 1

Next, attach a colorful pom pom on the top with a glue dot. For a glowing cupcake, place the tea light inside.

Plastic Egg Glowing Cupcake Craft idea step 2

Then, just place the decorated cupcake egg top inside the treat cup.

Plastic Egg Cupcakes @clubchicacircle

Oh and don’t forget that when you want them to, they can GLOW!

Just turn on the tea light and enjoy!
Plastic Easter Egg Glowing Cupcake Decorations

So cute! These are fun Spring or Easter party decorations.

Upcycle plastic Easter egg craft idea

Oh, and of course you can fill them with treats too! Simply replace the candle with candy.

Plastic egg cupcake treat cups

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here, and make sure to get your Free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

Feeling social? Follow ChicaCircle on Facebook or Twitter, and follow me on Pinterest or Instagram.

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

5 comments for “Plastic Egg Cupcakes DIY

Comments are closed.