Painted Wood Spoons Gift Idea

As part of the DecoArt core blogger team, this post is sponsored in part by DecoArt.
All photographs, ideas and opinions are completely my own.

Painted Wood Spoons Homemade Gift Idea for Mom

I love painting different surfaces, and I found a pack of 5 wood spoons for a dollar at my local Dollar Tree store recently, I knew I could transform them into something special! I love how these one-of-a-kind Valentine inspired spoons turned out, and paired with a pretty hand towel, they make the perfect homemade gift idea for MOM! This would be perfect for a Valentine’s gift or a Mother’s Day gift – don’t you agree?

Here is what I used to make these cute pink and red striped spoons:

How to make a valentines painted wood spoon gift

First I put a stripe of painters tape at the end of the stem of each spoon. Then I painted the whole spoon stem pink and let dry completely.

Then I put painters tape stripes, about an 1″ apart from each other, down the pink stems. I painted them red and let dry. When I removed the tape stripes, it revealed a pair of pretty pink and red striped wood spoons.

Then I used one package of my sugru, split it in half and molded them into two circular balls. I attached it to the end of each stem and attached my wood hearts on top. The sugru dries hard, permanent, and water resistant – just like silicone.

Painted Wooden Valentine Spoons craft idea

Lovely! Look how cute these wood spoon toppers are!

Valentine Painted Wood Spoon Gift idea for Mother's Day or Valentine's Day

I love how these turned out so much, I may have to gift them to myself! = )

pauline-sig

As part of the DecoArt core blogger team, this post is sponsored in part by DecoArt.
All photographs, ideas and opinions are completely my own.

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

9 comments for “Painted Wood Spoons Gift Idea

1. nancy
    January 29, 2015 at 10:34 am

Can you buy the Sugru at Michaels or do you order it from Amazon?

• February 7, 2015 at 11:51 am

I haven’t seen it at Michaels yet. Your best bet is to order off of Amazon.

2. Cookie17
    January 29, 2015 at 8:04 pm

These are so cute great to decorate with,Good job…Thanks’ so much…
    Cookie

3. February 7, 2015 at 6:18 am

I love these Valentine’s Day inspired spoons! They are so cute! I would love to receive something just like this as a gift for this sweet holiday! Thank you for sharing. PINNED!

4. February 7, 2015 at 11:06 am

These look amazing. I might make a set for a children s baking gift!

5. T'onna @ USS Crafty
    February 8, 2015 at 11:14 pm

These spoons are sooooo cute! Now I want to paint some of my boring wooden spoons! Great idea!!

Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

Comments are closed.