Nature Themed Interactive Wedding Guestbook Craft

Ready of Part 2 of my nature themed wedding craft ideas? Or should I say, how many things do you think I can make with one wood branch that I found in the woods? = )

Yesterday I showed you how I turned a wood piece with a sweet wood-burned design into a beautiful keepsake bracelet.

Wood burned pieces for interactive wedding guest book

Well, I couldn’t just stop with just one piece of wood. I knew these little wood pieces would make a really great and unique way for the wedding guests to leave a message for the bride and groom on – kind of like an interactive guestbook.

wood burning craft idea

I used my wood burning tool again, and burned in personal words and wishes for them on one side of each wood slice. Then I housed them all in a clear glass fish bowl.

Burned Wood Pieces Craft for Nature Themed Wedding

I tried to think of things that would be personal to them, like their wedding date, as well as words that expressed the feeling of the special event.

Wood burned wedding guestbook pieces

Then, at the reception, I created a sign to go next to the wood wishes bowl, and set out thin Sharpie markers for each guest to write a message or sign in on the blank side of the wood pieces.

Interactive Crafty Burned Wood Pieces Wedding Guestbook

Each guest could leave a wish for the happy couple, share a sentiment, or just write a short personal message.

Nature themed Wedding Guestbook craft idea

And because I always share my printables with you, here you go…

Interactive Wedding Guestbook Printable

This would make a great interactive Thanksgiving table craft idea too!  It could be a fun way for everyone to share what you might be thankful for that year, and then saved and shared and added to the next year.

Hmmm…. sounds like I need to go on another nature hunt for more craft supplies. = )

Happy crafting!

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.

Feeling social? Follow ChicaCircle on Facebook or Twitter, and follow me on Pinterest or Instagram.

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

11 comments for “Nature Themed Interactive Wedding Guestbook Craft

1. November 18, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Lovely idea! These would make great ornaments/gifts as well 🙂

• November 18, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Great idea! Thanks for the comment!

2. November 19, 2013 at 12:56 am

Such a good idea!

3. Debbied
    September 3, 2014 at 4:30 am

Hi can I ask where you got the wood from?

• September 6, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Hi Debbie,
      That is not a silly question at all. To be honest I found this wood on one of the local nature trails new my house on one of my morning walks.
      I truly recycled them from nature.
      Hope that helps. = )

4. Melissa
    December 27, 2014 at 11:01 am

Hi these are great! What kind of wood burning tool did you use? (or where do you find these) and was it easy to use?

thanks

• December 29, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I used a wood burning tool like this one from Walnut Hollow. I found it in the wood section at my local Michaels.

5. February 28, 2015 at 10:09 am

What an awesome idea. And so rustic too. I just pinned it to my wedding ideas board.

6. asian bookie
    June 3, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Great web site you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days.
    I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

Comments are closed.