Mourning a Sister

I have always been a huge believer in the power of words and inspirational sayings. I always like to add a little saying or pretty printable to a homemade gift to make it more special. Currently, my family has been going through one of the toughest and most heartbreaking times of our lives. Lynnee and I started this blog together as sisters and mothers of tween girls. ClubChicaCircle has been about the four of us and the bond we share. That bond has been needed even more lately.

Recently, our younger sister Erica or “Auntie Erica” passed away. Our crafty inspirations and blog adventure has been about being creative and taking the fear out of trying new things. The honest truth is that I am finding it difficult to find my crafty passion during this time of deep mourning.

I write this post, first, to explain my absence for the past few week for any new DIY’s or craft ideas. I also write this post, second, to honor the sister who struggled so much, but tried so hard, to stay positive and inspired.

You are loved

You see, she suffered for many years from depression and anxiety. I truly believe that depression is a disease, and one that affects the WHOLE family. I will never know the thoughts and demons she struggled with in her lowest moments, but after revisiting her life and cleaning out her apartment, I can tell you she fought and fought hard against them. She filled every corner and wall with family pictures and inspirational sayings to keep her going. I even found many traces of some of the inspirational printables I have shared on this very site, like this “You are Amazing” one and this Inspirational Journal printables one.

Another way she kept her mind on the positive was with her many DIY projects. Creating art and building something with your hands can heal and help clear your mind. She took great pride and joy in finding a piece of furniture in the alleys in the neighborhood in which she lived, and transforming them into something special. That has always been one of my great joys when I am crafting a project, from upcycling a cabinet door into a cool chalkboard, or turning a dollhouse into an herb garden.

hope whispers

I will be crafty again soon. I know it will have healing properties for me too. I even rescued some of her DIY projects that she was in the middle of and plan to build upon them and share them here.

My wish for all of you is to find the joy in creating, to love and honor those most dear to your heart, and to give your loved ones a great big hug next time you see them. You never know when life throws you a curve ball – good or bad.

believe in tomorrow

My advice? Live in the present, love with all your heart, and please, please, please make someone smile today.

bedard girls

We miss you Auntie Erica and the light and happiness you brought to our lives.

xoxo

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

26 comments for “Mourning a Sister

Comments are closed.