Just Breathe

Just Breathe

Just breathe.

Breathe for stress-relief. Breathe for energy.

Just breathe.

Are mid-term exams or work projects turning your palms sweaty?

Just breathe.

Are you scared of the dark?

Just breathe.

Are you tired beyond belief?

Just breathe.

Conscious breathing techniques have been a game-changer for our family lately. I caught my teen daughter using energizing breathing techniques this past week while prepping for exams (despite her skepticism when I use similar techniques). Our 7-year old twins are going through a period of being scared of the dark. They are using the box-breathing technique outlined below to calm their nerves and fall asleep soundly. For me, breathing for stress-relief or energy has always been a coping mechanism, but my bigger challenge is not annoying my cubicle neighbors in the office if I breathe too loudly.

Breathing techniques are for kids, too - ClubChicaCircle.com

Check out these breathing techniques depending on your need:

Box Breathing for Stress Relief and Sound Sleep

Visualize breathing while working your way around a 4-sided box for each step below. Visualize breathing in calm light energy and pushing out dark energy.

1. Breathe deeply in through your nose for a count of 5
  2. Hold your breath for a count of 5
  3. Exhale through your mouth for a count of 5
  4. Hold for a count of 5

Repeat 4 times

This video is great to share with the kids in your life:

Energetic Breathing Technique

Breathing with more intensity and more deeply floods the body with oxygen and provides an instant energy boost.

1. Breathe in deeply and with some force through the nose while lightly bouncing (to a count of 3)
  2. Breath out forcefully through the nose while continuing to bounce (to a count of 3)

Repeat 10 times.

Pauline and I wish you a stress-free day, happiness, and vibrant energy. You’ve got this handled! Just breathe.

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here, and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

crafty is contagious

Lynnee Jimenez

Lynnee Jimenez -> I am a wanna-be crafter who is inspired by my crafty sister Pauline, my tween daughter and niece. By day, I work in high-tech. By night, I dream of learning how to best use gloss, glitter & my daughter's glue gun. I really want to create memories with my daughter to last a lifetime. 

Tags:

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

4 comments for “Just Breathe

1. Anna Hartman
    October 18, 2016 at 7:05 pm

These are great tips! I’ve been trying hard to be more conscious of my breath on a regular basis. And you’re right, it does help! I’m going to share this with my 7 year old daughter who struggles with the dark too. “I’m the only one in my class who sleeps with a night light!” Thank you for sharing!

• October 18, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Thanks Anna! I hope your daughter gets past the darkness fears soon. Have a great day and keep breathing! Mwah!

2. LuAnn Meyer
    October 18, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Thank you. I will keep and share with my granddaughters! Just as an aside, a local school system here, is taking students that are removed from classes for disruptions and sent to the office for discipline, and instead directing them to another classroom where they are being taught meditation and reflection techniques. And, it’s working on problem resolution. Just thought I’d share that.

• October 18, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Hi LuAnn – I am so happy you are sharing this! It’s really encouraging that your local schools are adjusting discipline tactics through meditation/reflection. I hope they are seeing an impact. Take care and thank you for commenting. Lynnee

Comments are closed.