How to Update a Scooter fit for a Tween

Two words – duct tape!

duck tape for scooter

My tween has been begging for a new scooter for months. Her biggest complaint isn’t that she is too big for her old scooter. It still works perfectly fine. Her beef is that she has outgrown her cute “Barbie” scooter and is ready for a much cooler one – one worthy of the cool soon-to-be-middle-schooler that she is.

So, inspired by one of her best friends who recently updated her own scooter, she grabbed her favorite craft material – duct tape – and got to work. Honestly, it was a perfect boredom busting summer afternoon project for her, and now she can’t wait to jump on her new fabulously duct tape decorated scooter, even if she is still in her pjs!

tween upcycled scooter duct tape craft @clubchicacircle

She grabbed three coordinating patterns and colors from the Duck tape brand, and got to work!

Duck Tape Decorated Scooter craft idea for Tween Girl

I love it! And what I love most of all is that she chose to get crafty and update instead of replacing with something new. Now she has a one-of-a-kind cool, fit for a tween girl, fabulous duct tape decorated scooter!

Tween on upcycled duct tape decorated scooter

Now she rides that scooter with style!

Happy crafting!

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.

Feeling social? Follow ChicaCircle on Facebook or Twitter, and follow me on Pinterest or Instagram.

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

2 comments for “How to Update a Scooter fit for a Tween

1. August 26, 2013 at 1:03 am

Love the bright colours – such an improvement! I’d be thrilled if you’d come on over to Pink Recipe Box and link up at Creative Wednesdays: http://pinkrecipebox.com/creative-wednesdays-with-pink-recipe-box-6/

2. Stephanie
    August 26, 2013 at 8:45 am

This is SO adorable! Proof that the possibilities with duck tape are endless!

Comments are closed.