How I Turned a Painting into Wrapping Paper

Recently I shared some of my first explorations with doodling and turning those doodles in to pattern. I did all of that in illustrator.

This week, I played with Photoshop and turned one of my original paintings into a pretty repeating pattern. Here is the painting I started with which I took a photo of:

pink flower painting by Pauline Molinari

And then with a little Photoshop magic, I turned this lovely pink flower into a sea of pretty pink flowers and into a cool repeating pattern. It was fun being “crafty” on the computer. I have been struggling with finding time to craft with my hands, so this was a fun way to still express my creativity.

I used a specific technique that I recently learned at Pattern Camp with Jessica Swift.

pink flower painted pattern by Pauline Molinari

How fun is that!?

Spoonflower for personal printed wallflower

Then I uploaded my file to Spoonflower and have just ordered my first roll of personalized printed wrapping paper! What?!

Ok, I can’t wait until it arrives! I will have to share my next crafty explorations with my pretty painted flower paper. Stay tuned!

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

6 comments for “How I Turned a Painting into Wrapping Paper

Comments are closed.