Happy New Year Peanut Blossom Cookies

Happy New Year Peanut Blossoms

2015 is going to be a sweet year! That is my hope and wish for all of you!

After a little holiday break from crafting, I’m back with a SWEET idea to kick off the new year!

I’ve made your traditional peanut blossom cookies – where you bake your favorite peanut butter cookies in 1-1.5″ balls and just as they come out of the oven and are still hot, you plop an unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss in the middle and let cool.

To make them into special 2015 peanut blossoms, I added a little chocolate writing on top. First, when I was placing my Hershey’s Kiss on top, I tried to place a little off center to the left (to leave room for the 2 on one side and the 15 on the other side). The Hershey’s Kiss makes the perfect 0 in my 2015 chocolate wish.

How to Write on Cookies with Chocolate

It was super simple!

First I unwrapped about 10 Hershey’s Kisses in a plastic Ziplock sandwich-sized bag. And then I microwaved it in one-minute intervals until they were all melty, making sure to knead the chocolate kisses together to make a smooth melted chocolate consistency. Then I clipped off the end of one of the corners, and used my sandwich bag as a homemade piping bag to write my chocolate message on the top of my cookies.

Perfect chocolate and super festive yumminess!

2015 Chocolate Peanut Blossom Cookies Recipe Idea

I brought a box of these to our New Year’s festivities last night, and they were a huge hit!

A super fun and SWEET way to ring in the new year!

Happy New Year and I’m looking forward to another great year of crafting and inspiration with you!

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

4 comments for “Happy New Year Peanut Blossom Cookies

1. Valerie Jean Hernandez
    January 1, 2015 at 11:54 am

Pauline and Fam., HNY!, love the cookie idea–now where’s the PB Blossom Cookie recipe? Valerie H.

• January 1, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Hi Valerie,
      I actually used the Peanut Blossom recipe found on the back of my Hershey’s Kisses bag found here, but if you have a favorite peanut butter cookie recipe, you could use that too. Happy New Year!

• Valerie Jean Hernandez
        January 2, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Hey Pauline, et. al.,
        You guys are AWESOME. Thanks for taking the time!………………..♥

2. January 10, 2015 at 8:01 am

Peanut Blossoms are some of my FAVORITE cookies! I LOVE them and my family loves them. I love your clever way of utilizing the kiss and turning this fun treat into a Happy New Year goodie! So fun! Thanks for sharing! PINNED!

Comments are closed.