Garlic Roasted Butternut Squash Fries

Easy Garlic Roasted Butternut Squash Fries recipe

I’ve always loved the taste of butternut squash. I think it might be an underestimated vegetable. There is a balance of the almost sweet yet savory flavor of the butternut squash.

This winter it has become my new favorite side dish to serve my family. When perfectly roasted in the oven with just a little salt and pepper, it has been a crowd-pleaser all the way from my 5 year old nephews to the adults!

Today I’m taking that easy recipe idea and giving it a roasted garlic twist, along with turning them into french fry shapes.

All you need to make this tasty treat is:

• Medium sized butternut squash
  • Crushed garlic (I used 2 cloves per squash)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil

The next trick is learning how to peel and cut a butternut squash.

Start by peeling the outer rind of your squash with a vegetable peeler.

How to make easy butternut squash fries

Then cut your squash in half lengthwise and chop off the top and bottom.

Scoop out the seeds in the middle with a spoon, and cut your squash in half again.

Easy Butternut Squash Fries

With the two halves, slice each into thin slices or “fries”.

Now spread your butternut squash fries on an aluminum foil wrapped baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and crushed garlic.

Make sure the squash is coated and in a single layer on your baking sheet and place in a preheated 400 degree oven.

yummy garlic roasted butternut squash fries

I roasted my fries in the oven for 30-40 minutes – or until they are tender and slightly browned. They will shrink up a little on your sheet.

Don’t these look amazing!

yummy Garlic Roasted Butternut Squash Fries recipe idea

Yummmmm!

The easy recipe idea is a great way to complement any meal, or it’s a perfect stand alone afternoon snack!

Enjoy!

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

1 comment for “Garlic Roasted Butternut Squash Fries

1. January 26, 2015 at 12:47 pm

These look so yummy! We eat plenty of sweet potato fries in my house, but I’m always looking for new veggie recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Comments are closed.