Easy Valentine’s Day Treat and Gift Ideas from your Local Grocer’s Bakery

Disclaimer: this post is brought to in part by the Rich Products Bakery Because Campaign. Give the Gift of Deliciousness #bakerybecause . All photos, opinions, and ideas are solely my own.

Valentine’s Day is such a fun holiday to share sweet treats.

Did you know your grocer’s bakery has a plethora of yummy treats, that with a little creativity and some fun free printables, can turn into perfect Valentine’s party treats or gift ideas?

BakeryBecause Cupids Arrow Brownie Bites Party Tray

The truth is we don’t always have the time to make homemade treats. That is where your grocer’s bakery can help.

Let me show how to make someone’s day a little brighter, the simple, easy and affordable way, with yummy bakery items from your local grocery store. It’s easy to find delicious treats that you can personalize and give as gifts.

Here is the selection of cookies and brownies I shopped for recently at my local grocery store. I picked some pretty pink frosted sugar cookies with sprinkles, traditional sugar cookies with red sugar, and little brownie bites.

Valentines Bakery Cookies

Then I grabbed some small 4″ x 6″ clear plastic treat bags, lollipop sticks, and a simple glass container that I found at the dollar store.

Valentines Bakery Gift Idea Supplies

Now, let’s put the two together and watch the Valentine’s magic happen. = )

Havin’ a Valentine’s Day party?

How about make some super cute Cupid’s Arrow Brownie Bites?

Start by cutting up these cute little brownie bites into mini triangles with a sharp pairing knife.

My tween was all over eating the leftover square bits as we were making these.

Cupids Arrow Brownie Bites Valentines DIY

Then grab your Cupids Arrows Free Printable here.

Download and print out. Cut out the arrow flags with a scissors. I designed pink and red ones.

Use a tape runner to put one line of adhesive down the middle.

Then attach the end of a lollipop stick to the cupid’s arrow flag and press together slightly.

Cupids Arrow Brownie Bites Valentines Day Party Idea

The other end goes into your brownie bite triangle, making the cutest Cupid’s Arrow Brownie Bite treats.

Arrange them on a party tray…

Cupids Arrow Brownie Bites Party Tray

… or put them in a clear bowl for guests to enjoy.

Cupids Arrow Bakery Brownies

Do you need treats for a Valentine’s classroom party?

Package these cute Hugs & Kisses cookies together for the perfect party treat.

I saw the pink frosted cookies as hugs, and wanted to make a treat bag printable the mirrored it with a kiss.

Hugs and Kisses Pink Frosted Cookies Classroom Treat

Grab your Frosted Cookie Hugs and Kisses Free Printable here.

Download and print out. Cut out each rectangle treat bag tag and fold in half.

Then attach to your treat bag filled with one huggable cookie with a quick staple on each side.

Valentines Cookies Classroom Treat with Free Printable

There is a sweet message on both sides, and the perfect party treat.

Do you want to give a sweet gift to a teacher or neighbor for Valentine’s Day?

Package cookies into a cute jar for an instant Smart Cookie Jar Gift Idea!

I dressed up a simple jar with a simple gift tag, washi tape and a foam heart sticker for a gift idea that literally takes mere minutes to put together.

Smart Cookie Valentines Jar Gift Idea

Grab your Smart Cookie Valentines Jar Free Printable here.

Download and print out. Cut out one label per jar. Attach with a strip of decorative washi tape around the jar, and add a heart stick if desired.

Smart Cookie Jar with Bakery Sugar Cookies

So really, what’s stopping you from shopping in your local grocery’s bakery for Valentine’s party or gift treats?

The big question is:

Who in your life makes every day better and why?

BakeryBecause Logo

Give the gift of Deliciousness!

You all make my day brighter every single day!

If you want to check out more great ideas, check out the BakeryBecause Pinterest board. Share your own sweet treat creations on Pinterest with the #bakerybecause hashtag to share your inspirations with others too!

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here, and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

Feeling social? Follow ChicaCircle on Facebook or Twitter, and follow me on Pinterest or Instagram.

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

31 comments for “Easy Valentine’s Day Treat and Gift Ideas from your Local Grocer’s Bakery

1. pam ross
    January 27, 2014 at 10:13 am

my granddaughters, because they just love everything i make them from your web site. and they love to help, future crafters they are. they are 8 and 10 and just love to creat.

2. Carmen
    January 27, 2014 at 10:16 am

My grandaugthers make my life better everyday because when they look at me I see so much love,thatI just want to be a better person.

3. January 27, 2014 at 10:29 am

My daughter and triplet boys make my life better. They are so sweet and teach me about love every day.

4. Annie Noel
    January 27, 2014 at 10:38 am

I think my 4 kids (Isabelle (15), Maxime (11), Brandon (9) and Emily (6)) make my life better everyday. They are 4 totally different individuals who bring life and a breath of fresh air to my life, they are a versatile bunch, some craft, sew, knit, play sports, play games, read, cook, clean, etc.. everyday is an adventure and we all learn new things from each other everyday. I can’t imagine a day when my kids aren’t around me enjoying the family life, so I have decided to enjoy the time we have together crafting, cooking, playing, …. enjoying life together.We have a blast most of the time.

5. tammy cordery
    January 27, 2014 at 11:01 am

my husband, my kids and my parents make my life better everyday because they give me joy when I look at their happy faces every morning and see their smiling faces everynight telling me that they love me. It makes my heart sing.

6. Sherlene
    January 27, 2014 at 11:43 am

I have no children and single. I love crafting! I am always doing something for others in some little way. But my most favorite joy in the world is my great-niece, she comes to stay with me and we are always doing wonderful things! I try things out on her then I teach pre-teens in Sunday school class. My world is my kids, we have so much fun and I am always planning the next event or crafting lessons. I am always looking for another way to give someone a little joy in their life, especially because my kids give me so much!

7. Cheryl
    January 27, 2014 at 11:45 am

I think my partner John.. I was a widow and just lost at the age of 60 than he came into my life. Four years ago we have a great time together and laugh all the time. He never minds if I talk about my late husband. My kids really enjoy him as much as they did their dad. But, most of all he kisses my every morning and every night and always a hug. Now to me that is love and I have it twice in my life

8. Cheryl
    January 27, 2014 at 11:47 am

I think my partner John.. I was a widow and just lost at the age of 60 than he came into my life. Four years ago, we have a great time together and laugh all the time. He never minds if I talk about my late husband. My kids really enjoy him as much as they did their dad. But, most of all he kisses my every morning and every night and always a hug. Now to me that is love and I have it twice in my life

9. Rosalie Bedard
    January 27, 2014 at 12:04 pm

It is my family that makes my life easier and more worth while. My husband helps me whenever I need and my
    daughters and most of all my grandkids, along with my husband make my life worthwhile because of all the love that
    they show me and of the love I have for them. They give my life PURPOSE!

10. Deede Hawkins
    January 27, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Without a doubt, my husband Carey, makes my life better every day and has for the past 27 years. He is a wonderful husband and father and my bestest friend ever. He knows me inside and out and loves me unconditionally. He knows if I’m having a rough day and will cook my favorite ‘comfort’ food and have it ready for me. He hugs and encourages me just at the perfect time. He totally supports my scrapbooking hobby (even if he thinks I stay in my craft room a bit too long). My life is better everyday because of him!

11. Cherry Robinson
    January 27, 2014 at 3:11 pm

My 2 year old granddaughter is a delight! She is just learning about words and names. Recently I called her sweetheart, so now that is her name for me!!! Leaving church yesterday as we parted she said “goodbye sweetheart”.

12. Cassie
    January 27, 2014 at 4:11 pm

My grandma because she is so nice and kind 🙂 She makes everyday fun and is so funny. I love when I see her be kind to others, it has inspired me!

13. Cassie
    January 27, 2014 at 4:13 pm

@Cherry Robinson My grandfather called me his little “buddy” when I was little and we call him that to this day!

14. Wanda
    January 27, 2014 at 8:02 pm

My husband of 42 years, he is the most wonderful husband, best friend, lover and man I have ever known. He is everything I asked God for all those years ago. This just don’t happen all at once. It LOVE that takes time, to be able to go with the good, the bad and even the ugly. God has given us a wonderful daughter and two beautiful grand daughters. He tells everyone he is so special he lives with four women and love every minute of it.

15. heather
    January 27, 2014 at 8:37 pm

My best friend makes everyday better for me. She always remembers me and is there for me for everything. I pray I win this one.

16. Diana
    January 27, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Without a doubt my wonderful husband. Loving, supportive and alway giving. He”s always there for me. Great man who would have made any woman happy but the Lord chose to bless me.

17. Melissa
    January 27, 2014 at 10:49 pm

My mom makes my life better. I had a little bit of a health scare last year, and she was the best. She drove me to every appointment that I needed a ride to and made sure that I had everything that I needed. I am so grateful to have such a fabulous mother!

18. cindi
    January 28, 2014 at 4:48 am

My family. My husband who is so supportive and our 3 awesome children whom are lovingly
    patient with me. I am a disabled/retired Paramedic and Navy Corpsman and cannot get around
    well due to chronic pain so I give blessings to my family for keeping the light shining bright.

19. Linda
    January 28, 2014 at 12:25 pm

My wonderful puppy “Missy” !!! She has been with me for 10 years, We have been through the death of my daughter, husband, Mom, Dad, and now even my ex husband who we got reacquainted with 2 years ago. She waits for me when I am in the hospital, and when I get home she lays on my bed and keeps me company until I am able to be up and around again. She seems to understand that I am seriously ill and always stays by my side. I just hope that I can out live her, for her sake…………. Love to all !!!

20. rachel
    January 28, 2014 at 7:03 pm

My husband! He encourages me and makes me a better person.

21. April
    January 31, 2014 at 9:55 am

That would be Jesus! My Lord and Savior! No matter what kind of day im having I know HE is always there for me. Because of my relationship with Him I can face anything that comes my way. Somedays when I start to feel unhappy with myself or my situation I turn to Jesus and pray. Its because of him that I have Hope that tomorrow will be a better day. Or that a situation will turn around for good instead of bad. I don’t know where I would be without Him. 🙂

22. Susan
    January 31, 2014 at 12:12 pm

I think I would have to say my granddaughters. Whether they are with me or not, just thinking of the things they say makes me smile or laugh.

23. Mary Greene
    January 31, 2014 at 12:26 pm

My children and nephew make my life better fir me. We enjoy baking and crafting together. Love ur ideas!!

24. Lisa Cowell
    February 1, 2014 at 10:54 pm

My current inspiration is my baby granddaughter. She is so bright and inquisitive, and wants to do everything that grandma does! She is so energetic and, of course, it takes a lot of work to corral her into positive endeavors instead of destructive ones, but she keeps me young. I was at a “grandmotherly” age when my only daughter was born, and she kept me youthful for many years. I never expected to live to see a grandchild, but this little one is a true blessing.

25. Brandy Brenton
    February 3, 2014 at 5:50 pm

The old saying “it takes a village to raise a child” comes to mind when thinking of the answer to your question “Who makes everyday better & why?” The reason is because not just one person brightens my days but several. Abraham Lincoln said “happiness is a choice” therefore I choose to view my glass as half full. Everyone posses a purpose & gifts. Unfortunately, most people are so hard on themselves they fail to see the beauty they possess. A kind word, am encouraging phrase or a simple “your not alone” taking the time to show they matter makes a difference. Though it may not be seen, it IS FELT in the heart…that’s Love. To love yourself enough to forgive, to allow yourself to be loved BC your worth it & to give love not BC its the right thing to do but BC you you want to. But its giving it not being selfish knowing your heart needs repair. This is to my Higher Power for loving me unconditionally when I’m not the only one you tend to. This is for my family who wiped the tears from my face, encouraging me to be strong reminding me tomrw is a new day as you hid the tears. This is for my son, Joshua …you are the leader I named you after. And to all my friends I

26. Melissa L.
    February 3, 2014 at 9:36 pm

My family does as they are always there for me, and support me. They bring a smile to my face, and love me no matter what.

27. Mami2jcn
    February 9, 2014 at 5:13 pm

My husband makes my day better because he makes me laugh when I’m feeling down, he works so hard to take care of us, and he plays silly songs on his guitar to make our daughter giggle.

28. February 9, 2014 at 8:10 pm

I am a teacher and my students make every day better for me! Each new day brings laughter and the joy of seeing a child grasp a new ideas…. it is just amazing! It is never the same day twice and I can count on them to brighten my day with their cherub smiles and thirst for learning!

29. Kate
    February 12, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Why ClubChicaCircle.com makes every day better with handy how-to’s, crafty cleverness and the worldly wisdom of a wide range of contributors! It’s the HOW to our WHY … because we want to share quality time and make quality memories with our tweens (who are all too soon no longer our tweens)… because along with all the adorable, homemade and heartfelt projects comes important conversation and connection time. We love Club ChicaCircle! (needed to be said, deadline or no.)

30. Zach's Mom
    February 8, 2015 at 11:04 am

My autistic son Zach makes me an all around better human being. He has been the best teacher I could ever have. He reinforces unconditional love, patience, the ideas to never stop being curious and to just enjoy the little things in life. Everything lse is just “stuff.”He helps me to see the world through a very different set of eyes. He challenges me every day to leave my comfort zone and to think outside of the box. Many people would think,
    ” How do you deal with a child like this day in and day out?” My simple reply is that I wouldn’t know a life without a child such as Zach.

Comments are closed.