Easy Heart Design Journal

Heart Journal DIY craft idea @clubchicacircle

It’s a new year — it’s time for a new journal! And there is just something about a pretty new journal to keep you inspired to write in it.

And I HEART this one. It was so easy to put my own design on it. My daughter loved it so much that she already claimed it as her own and I need to make another for me.

I started with a pretty plain journal with a hot pick cover. I found this one at my local Michael’s at 50%, so it was a steal. I grabbed a this handy Sharpie Gold metallic oil based medium point marker, and I used a wood heart shape as my stencil. (affiliate link)

Gold Sharpie Heart Design on Journal

I placed my wood heart in the center of my journal cover and held it in place with one hand, while I stippled or just “dotted” my gold design around the heart shape. I made sure the whole heart shape was filled with dots about 1/4″ – 1/2″ width all the way around.

Then I removed the heart shape and created a gradual design of dots coming out from the heart all the way to the edge of my journal. It looks like the heart is glowing and the metallic gold is so pretty and shiny on the front of my journal cover.

I’m ready to start the new year off fresh! And I kid you not – I did this craft in 5 minutes!

Lovely! This would make a great homemade gift idea too!

Happy New Year!

pauline-sig

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

2 comments for “Easy Heart Design Journal

1. Joanne
    January 7, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Loved this! So simply but looks really great!

2. January 16, 2016 at 4:56 am

So pretty! I used a similar technique for greeting cards once, it is so easy and fun to do. I love the idea of the gold with the pink, such a lovely combo!

Comments are closed.