If your house is anything like ours, you still have leftover Easter eggs laying around. Have you stored them for next year? Have you recycled them? Have you tried to learn to juggle with them?
My tween and I decided to make a craft project out of them. With a few supplies and a little imagination we crafted a perfectly crafty project for the inner “rock star” in all of us.
Egg-cellent Microphone and Stand
What you will need:
- variety of colorful plastic Easter eggs
- Stryofoam disk about 12″ in diameter
- empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls
- colorful and/or patterned duct tape
For the microphone, place one plastic Easter egg on one end of an empty toilet paper roll and secure and decorate with colored duct tape.
For the microphone base, start by pushing each half of a plastic easter egg into styrofoam disk in desired colorful design. Leave room in the center for the “pole”.
Then tape together and decorate empty paper towel rolls with colored duct tape to desired height. Push an egg in the center for a guide. Using the tip of a scissors, puncture a hole all the way through. Then push “pole” into the styrofoam disk and secure.
Wrap one toilet paper roll with duct tape and cut along one side all the way through for the microphone holder. Secure on top of “pole” with more duct tape.
Then let your tween rock it out! Right now, my tween has decided that she needs to speak all of her words with the use of the microphone, and when she doesn’t have it, she whispers. All I know is that we had a blast designing it, and she is having a blast letting her inner rock star shine. Enjoy!
For an additional rock star craft, make some recycled Easter egg maracas! Fill eggs with different supplies for different sound effects like rice or beads. Secure with tape.
Latest posts by Pauline Molinari (see all)
- Minute to Win It – Tween Challenge - June 18, 2013
- Float Above Your Own Emerald Crystal Garden inspired by OZ the Great and Powerful - June 17, 2013
- Father’s Day Pancakes with a Twist - June 13, 2013
- Message in a Bottle Homemade Graduation Gift Idea - June 12, 2013