DIY Patriotic Window Clings

4th of July Window Clings craft idea for kids @clubchicacircle

It doesn’t seem that long ago that my crafty maven sister Pauline posted a DIY tutorial on making puffy paint snowflake window clings. Now the cool winter has turned into summer heat with 4th of July around the corner. Pauline is visiting our house this week and our daughters are full of energy looking for summer projects. Pauline threw me the challenge that even I (the ‘crafter-in-training’) could lead our tween daughters to make patriotic window clings (similar to her puffy paint snowflakes) to help channel their boundless energy.  So…..of course, I took the challenge.

What you need:

Preparation:

• Choose design and slip inside the page protector
  • Apply a thick layer of puffy paint directly on to the page protector – using the printed design as a guide
  • Dry overnight (design will still be soft to the touch)
  • Peel and apply to any window

Creating Patriotic Window Clings

Time to let the designs dry!

Tulip puffy paint window clings craft

Peel the designs and apply:

DIY Patriotic Window Clings

And voila!

4th of July Window Clings craft idea for kids

How are you celebrating summer? Share in the comments below! (We LOVE and appreciate feedback and comments)

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.

Follow Lynnee’s boards on Pinterest and Pauline’s Club ChicaCircle boards here. You can also find  .

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

13 comments for “DIY Patriotic Window Clings

1. Ashley
    July 18, 2013 at 12:43 am

Hi,I love this project!I wanna do it asap with my son we love window cling’s.How long are they good to stay on the window i’d hate to damage my window i rent??

2. June 24, 2014 at 11:02 am

I love these! I am finding more and more ways to use puffy paint other than just awesome 80s shirts. These are amazing!

3. Pingback: 30 USA Themed Patriotic Holiday Crafts - Caffeine and Saltwater

Comments are closed.