7 Fun Rainbow Loom Charms for Kids to Make

My tween has brought her obsession with her Rainbow Loom to a new level. She finishes her homework as soon as possible so that she can look up another Rainbow Loom tutorial video and try making a new design. Her Rainbow Loom Organizer goes everywhere!

There are a plethora of video tutorials out there, some better than others. Her favorite ones usually come from Made by Mommy or The Parenting Channel.

Honestly, I had no idea how versatile this one little plastic loom was. Lately, she is hooked (no pun intended) on making charms with her loom.

7 Rainbow Loom charms for kids to make

Here are 7 fun Rainbow Loom Charm ideas for kids to make. I’ve consulted my Rainbow Loom weaving expert (my daughter) for each of them, and together we have rated them and broken them down into how many bands are needed for each.

I have found that they are almost like recipes. She likes to know ahead of time how many bands it will take ahead of time before attempting one.

I’ll start with the easiest, then intermediate, and finish with the advanced level charms. All of them require colored bands, a weaving loom, and a crochet hook. The only one that is different is the mini cross charm which only requires the bands and a crochet hook.

Rainbow Loom Easy Flower Charm chart

Daisy Flower Charm

Easy Level – 20 bands needed / 3 different colors

7 bands for the outer petals,  6 for the middle ring, and 7 for the inner ring

Video tutorial here

You can make them in so many different color combos. They look great hanging from a bracelet, or stick a pencil in the middle for a fun pencil topper charm.

Rainbow Loom Easy Flower charms for kids to make

Rainbow Loom Popsicle Charm chart

Popsicle Charm

Easy Level – 40 bands needed / 3 different colors

28 of popsicle color of choice, 7 white, and 5 black or brown for popsicle stick

Video tutorial here

Rainbow Loom Smiley Face Charm chart

Smiley Face Charm

Intermediate Level – 50 bands needed / 2 different colors

16 black bands and 34 of another color (yellow shown above)

Video tutorial here

Rainbow Loom Cross Charm chart

Mini Cross Charm

Intermediate Level – 15 bands needed / only crochet hook needed

15 bands needed of color of choice

Video tutorial here

Rainbow Loom Party Ballet Dress Charm chart

Party / Ballerina Charm

Intermediate Level – 50 bands needed / 2 different colors

16 black bands and 34 of another color (yellow shown above)

Video tutorial here

Rainbow Loom Advanced Panda Charm chart

Panda Charm

Advanced Level – 37 bands needed / 2 different colors

26 white and 11 black

Video tutorial here

Rainbow Loom Advanced Pencil Charm chart

Pencil Charm

Advanced Level – 54 bands needed / 4-5 different colors

4 black bands for pencil tip, 12 white, 21 yellow, 7 black, gray or silver, 10 pink

Video tutorial here

You can hang these on colored band bracelets, necklaces, on a zipper. My daughter made one for me to hang on my keychain.

Love it!

Rainbow Loom Key Ring charm

Happy Crafting!

If you liked this post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here, and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

Feeling social? Follow ChicaCircle on Facebook or Twitter, and follow me on Pinterest or Instagram.

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

9 comments for “7 Fun Rainbow Loom Charms for Kids to Make

1. January 31, 2014 at 10:46 pm

This is a wonderful selection of tutorials. I can’t wait to show my daughter. She loves her band loom and you loves Pandas so she’s going to love that tutorial in particular. Thank you for sharing!

2. Becca
    February 24, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Adorbs!!!!

3. sarina
    March 13, 2014 at 8:25 am

Adorable!

4. Poppy
    July 3, 2014 at 12:01 am

Awesome charms to make and use

5. Katelyn
    July 6, 2014 at 7:41 am

Thanks a lot I got a new rainbow loom idea

6. Emma Youngling
    August 12, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Those are awesome creations you made,but I’m not having any parties any time soon so I’m not going to sighn up for the cake toppings and all of that stuff but really those creations are sooo awesome,I really love them

7. Franklie
    February 18, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Can’t wait to try it out myself ! (with my daughter)

Comments are closed.