4th of July Inspired Popsicles and Zoku Quick Pop Maker Giveaway

Yummy Summer Popsicle recipe for Zoku

Ok, here in Southern California we have suddenly hit temperatures of 100+ degrees!

It feels like we skipped right past Spring and jumped straight into Summer!

We’ve teamed up with some of our favorite blogging friends to give you this COOL giveaway. We have appropriately coined ourselves: The Caffeinated Crafters and are kicking off Summer with a Zoku Quick Pop Maker and recipe book giveaway to help keep things cool!

Zoku-Pop-Maker-Summer-Giveaway

If you have never seen one of these clever quick pop machines, you are going to be amazed at how many different varieties of popsicles you can create—from the super fancy to the super simple.

My tween and I decided to try a Fourth of July inspired pop, and to prove how simple and fast it is, we made this popsicle before I got her to school today. No joke – she enjoyed it on our ride to school this morning.

Easy 4th of July Inspired Zoku Popsicle

I did use the Zoku recipe book as inspiration, but to make super simple, I used ready-made juices to create my red, white and blue stripes.

For the red popsicle stripes, I used the dragonfruit flavored vitamin water.

For the white stripes, I mixed a little milk with vanilla pudding until it was a pourable consistency.

For the blue stripe, I added a little blue food coloring to lemonade flavored vitamin water.

And to create the stars, I used a mini star metal cutter from thin slices of apples.

Star cut apples

The process for creating the stripes is pretty simple. You just need to add the different colors in different stages of freezing. We poured a little of the red juice at the bottom of my Zoku maker and let it freeze. To help this along a little faster, I put it back in the freezer for a couple of minutes between stages. Then we added the vanilla pudding stripe, freeze, another layer of red juice, freeze, one more white (vanilla pudding) layer, freeze… you get the point…. finishing off with the final blue stripe.

During the white and red layers, we added some of the apple stars in the mix to freeze along with the colored layers.

4th of July Zoku Homemade Popsicle

Yum!

So, kick off Summer and beat the heat with a Zoku Quick Pop Maker and Recipe Book. That’s right – have ice cold popsicles in minutes with this awesome machine!

Enter via the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck and stay cool!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Pauline Molinari

I'm the crafty maven, and I'm on a mission to spread craftiness. With a fine arts degree, over 15 years experience in children's publishing, and a savvy, stylish, sassy tween daughter, I come armed with perspective and passion to inspire tween girls and their mothers to be crafty together. 

If you liked this post and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list and make sure to get your free Cupcake Toppers Printables for Every Occasion.

13 comments for “4th of July Inspired Popsicles and Zoku Quick Pop Maker Giveaway

1. sarah chambers
    May 16, 2014 at 7:12 pm

My favorite thing about summer is my family’s week long beach vacation. We look forward to it every year- running away from everyday life to enjoy the beach, family, and fun!

2. Melissa
    May 16, 2014 at 10:07 pm

My favorite thing is the warm weather… I abhor the cold.

3. ErinT
    May 17, 2014 at 12:08 pm

My favorite thing is the slower pace – not having to rush around getting the kids to school, activities, etc. Love being able to just kick back and relax as a family!

4. Paula Collins
    May 17, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I would love to win this! My husband has stomach issues and this would be great! Thanks for the chance to win.

5. Laura
    May 17, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I love being able to relax as a family!

6. fran monka
    May 17, 2014 at 3:12 pm

This looks like so much fun!!!! I would love to win and give my grandchildren an extra special homemade treat in the summer. Thank you for offering this giveaway.

7. Sami
    May 17, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Homemade ice cream, family BBQ’s and the kids running around all sticky from the watermelon.

8. Dona
    May 17, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Love Popsicles made without all the bad additives!! This is right up my alley…my kids are not new to homemade everything and would love to add Popsicles to their list if treats….as for summer, nothing better than watermelons while watching the fireworks…it doesn’t look like summer will ever show up up here though…Sigh

9. Emily Spencer
    May 18, 2014 at 7:37 am

My favorite part about summer is going to lake house with my grandbabies and family….

10. Mona
    May 18, 2014 at 1:51 pm

going to the beach

11. Victoria
    May 19, 2014 at 10:23 am

My favorite thing about summer is camping by the beach. Although, in SoCal it feels like summer all year round!

12. Mia Lewis
    May 19, 2014 at 3:49 pm

My favorite part of summer is summer vacation and spending time with family.

13. Jess @ Chaos & Love
    May 21, 2014 at 7:18 pm

You’re killin’ me with the apple stars. SO CUTE.

Comments are closed.